The PSBA is beginning a transitioning process intended to start a new life cycle in how we serve and support our local churches. This process is being overseen by the Transition Team. The team members are: Bob Lowe, John Bell, Scott Brewer, Jason Smith, Sean McKale, and Ron Shepard.
At the heart of the transition process are the pastor listening sessions. Each session will use proven materials as a guide to facilitate discussion of our strengths and weaknesses as pastors and churches. This, in turn, will help further our dialogue about the PSBA.
Applying what we learn from the listening sessions, we will then rewrite the Association's documents, including our constitution. The new life cycle focus and PSBA structure will then be presented for two PSBA votes in August and October 2018.
Listening sessions will be from 10 AM to 12:30 PM, except March 5th which is from 6 PM to 8 PM and April 9th which is from 11 AM to 3 PM. Additionally, the April 9th session will be for Korean pastors. The currently scheduled dates are:
- February 8, Meadowbrook Church, Redmond, 10 AM to 12:30 PM
- February 15, Epic Life Church, Seattle, 10 AM to 12:30 PM
- February 22, Beverly Park Baptist, Seattle, 10 AM to 12:30 PM
- March 5, LifeWay Church, Auburn, 6 PM to 8 PM
- March 8, FBC Lakewood, 10 AM to 12:30 PM
- March 20, PSBA, Federal Way, 10 AM to 12:30 PM
- April 9, Bethel Baptist Church, Federal Way, 11 AM to 3 PM (Korean)
We will schedule additional meetings as needed. It is our hope that our language churches will participate in these sessions. We will be adding specific language meetings for Koreans, Hispanics, Filipinos, Russians and any other groups requested. We will also offer evening and Saturday listening sessions for those unable to meet during the day.